Dr. Martin graduated from the prestigious Southern California College of Optometry in 1991 with both his B.S. in Visual Science and the Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degrees.
- Fellow, American Academy of Optometry, 1997.
- Certified in Ocular Disease, International Association of Boards in Optometry, Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease, 1991.
- Glaucoma Specialist Certification, Texas State Board of Optometry, 2000 – present.
- Texas State License in Optometry, with Therapeutic Privileges, 2000 – present.
- Arizona State License in Optometry, with Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agent Certificate, 1991 – present.
- National Board Examinations in Optometry, successfully passed the Basic Science (1989) and Clinical Science (1990) Sections.
Former Faculty Appointments
- Adjunct Faculty, Pacific University, College of Optometry, 1996-99.
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Houston, College of Optometry,1996-2000.
- Outreach Clinical Instructor, Pennsylvania College of Optometry / Salus University, 1996-97.
- American Academy of Optometry
- College of Optometrists in Vision Development
- Optometric Extension Program
- Neuro Optometric Rehabilitation Association
- Orthokeratology Academy of America
- American Optometric Association
- Arizona Optometric Association
- Southern Arizona Optometric Association
History of Clinical Positions
- December 2000 – present: Private practice, Clear View Vision Care, Tucson, AZ
- January 2000 – December 2000: Clinical Director, TLC Laser Vision Centers, Arlington (Dallas), Texas.
- December 1997 – January 2000: Staff Optometrist, Cochise Eye and Laser, Sierra Vista, AZ
- March 1995 – November 1997: Center Director, Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Safford, AZ
- October 1992 – September 1995: Private practice, Foothills Eye and Vision Center, Tucson, AZ
- August 1991 – October 1992: Staff Optometrist, FHP Inc., Tucson, AZ
Dr. Martin grew up in an Air Force family and has lived in many locations around the U.S. and the world. He attended high school and undergraduate college studies here in Tucson, and is a proud supporter of the University of Arizona. GO CATS!
Dr. Martin is married and has two children. In his time outside the office, Dr. Martin is an avid computer user and builder, enjoys strategic gaming, and attending Drum and Bugle Corps competitions , an activity he participated in during his younger years