i.Profilerplus: A Revolutionary Diagnostic Tool
Being able to examine your eyes in minute detail, and in real time, gives the vision professionals at Clear View Vision Care the data and images we need to make a more informed decision about your eye care. Among the advanced tools we use is the i.Profilerplus, a revolutionary device that gives us many diagnostic capabilities that other clinical applications can’t deliver.
i.Profilerplus is a three-in-one system that quickly and easily measures the eye’s ocular wavefront aberrations and refractive status, and the topography and aberrations of the cornea.
This revolutionary system incorporates the ATLAS 9000 corneal topographer, wavefront aberrometer, and autorefractor to show results via contour maps and vision simulations. Our eye doctors in Tucson AZ can evaluate the complete refractive status of the eye, including low- and high-order wavefront aberrations to perform the following tasks:
- Fit patients with contact lenses
- Monitor ocular diseases
- Manage refractive and surgical interventions
Ocular wavefront data shown by the i.Profilerplus can also configure an i.Scription, which is a wavefront-guided spectacle correction that provides better visual performance over several viewing conditions.
Here are some FAQs to get you familiar with i.Profilerplus technology:
- What are wavefront aberrations? These represent a technique used to characterize the focusing errors of the human eye, categorized as either low-order aberrations or high-order aberrations.
- How do high-order aberrations affect vision? They create additional image “noise” that reduces vision quality as well as retinal image contrast, plus they can produce glare phenomena around lights and other bright objects at night, such as halo and starburst patterns.
- What technology does the i.Profilerplus use? The measurement of choice is through the Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensor, which measures the corneal topography of the eye using a video-keratography system along with an integrated Placido disk.
- How long does the measuring process take? Less than one minute.
- Can the i.Profilerplus be used to measure kids? Yes, thanks to its fast measuring speed, the i.Profilerplus is ideal for kids who can’t typically hold their visual fixation for very long.
Call Clear View Vision Care About i.Profiler Vision Assessment
If you are eager to undergo i.Profiler Vision Assessment, or want to find out if this is right for you, book your appointment with our eye doctor in Tucson AZ at Clear View Vision Care. We can be reached at 520-327-9411, located at 2233 E Speedway Blvd in Tucson, open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m to 5:30 p.m.